Type "IS" Gland-Pak
Adsco Type "IS" is ideal for use where a guided expansion joint is desired, but where space is limited. Some design and application featured include:
1. Body is carbon steel, fabricated to close tolerances and can be furnished with either a flanged or weld end.
2. Internal guide ring is securely attached to the inner end of the slip and slides inside the smoothly-bored center of the body, accurately guiding the slip.
3. Gland is cast iron for operating temperatures to 600°F and carbon steel when above 600°F. Studs are carbon steel with non-corrosive nuts.
4. External guide is non-ferrous to permit close tolerance guiding without scratching or scoring the chrome-plated slip.
5. Slip is accurately machined and ground with chromium over nickel plate on the ground surface. VanStone slips of chromium-plated seamless steel, cast bronze or stainless steel can be furnished at additional cost.
6. Bases for single joints are optional - if provided they can be used as main anchors. Intermediate anchor bases are furnished on all double joints.
7. Drip, when specified, is furnished as a vertical or horizontal threaded connection depending on the type of joint body.
- External/Internal guiding provides true axial movements which increases packing and slip life. In this exclusive design, the distance between the external and internal guides increases as the expansion joint is compressed and therefore, the guiding becomes more rigid. Maximum rigidity is achieved at the point where rigidity is needed most, at full compression of the slip.
- Packing adjustments can be made at full line pressure.
- Replacement packing can be added easily and quickly without having to remove the expansion joint from your line (provided line pressure is shut off).
- Limit stop prevents disengagement of the slip from the body if a pipe anchor fails.
- Complies with MIL-E-17814E, Type I - Style 1, Single Class 1, Double Class 2