Type "RJ" Ram-Pak
Now available with Adsco MHAH packing, for up to 1000 psig, 875°F.
The "RJ" Ram-Pak Slip-Type expansion joint offers exceptional value as a method of absorbing thermal expansion in pipeline and process systems.
1. Body is carbon steel, fabricated to close tolerances. Body can be furnished with either a flanged or welding end.
2. Limit stops, when engaging stuffing box end, prevent the slip from being pulled out of the body. Limit stops are made of stainless steel and designed for full line pressure thrust at 1 1/2 times design pressure.
3. Adsco-R-Pak - Semi-plastic self-lubricating packing available in a variety of compositions to meet your system's pressure requirements.
4. Adsco shut-off valve - 1/4 turn shut-off valve prevents blowback of packing under full line pressure.
5. Ram - The ram packing cylinders are carbon steel, welded in place and are designed for injecting packing under full line pressure.
6. Integral internal and external guides are made of nonferrous material to ensure close tolerance guiding without scratching or scoring of the slip.
7. Slip is carbon steel, accurately machined and plated with chrome over nickel (standard) or with double hard chrome plating (optional).
8. Bases for single joints are optional - if provided they can be used as main anchors. Intermediate anchor bases are furnished on all double joints.
9. Drip is furnished only when specified.
- Unitized construction of the stuffing box and body provides integral external and internal guiding of the slip.
- Available with the patented Packing Ram Manifold Assembly to allow uniform addition of packing in confined spaces.
- Complies with MIL-E-17814F, Type IV, Single Class 1, Double Class 2.